Experiencing beach withdraws upon returning from your best beach vacay yet? Or, maybe you’ve booked your ocean getaway but it’s still a month away. Well, we’ve got just the solution! Party it up beach-style! Here is our easy guide to help you with the planning process.
- Decide on your budget. There are ways to get around even the tightest of budgets, but the first step in planning your beach bash is deciding on a budget you're comfortable spending. Divide it into three categories (four if you plan on providing party favors): venue, food/drink and decorations.
- Create your guest list. Write down everyone you would ideally like to attend your event. Tip: A good rule of thumb is to expect 80% of your guest list.
- Select your venue. Now that you have an idea of the number of guests, it’s time to begin researching venues. If your budget is exceptionally tight, you may prefer to host it at home. For those with a little extra cash in their budget, we recommend a clubhouse, neighborhood pool, rec center, or even a beachy restaurant or bar.
- Send invites. Make sure to include date, time, location, contact info and dress code. If you plan on providing food options, requesting guests to RSVP is a good way to estimate how much you’ll need.
Tip: we recommend asking guests to bring their own beach towel.
- Plan your menu. Grab your shopping list and add your favs such as, popsicles, any fruits - especially watermelon & pineapple, hamburgers, hotdogs, any seafood, meat and veggies for kabobs, chips, Goldfish Crackers and Swedish Fish.
- Get decked out. Hit up your favorite party and dollar stores for fun beachy decor like pails and small shovels – great for your chips & Goldfish presentation, beach balls, flower leis, bug-repellent candles if outdoors, neon sunglasses, seashells, sand, drink umbrellas, etc. The list is endless!
- Plan fun games. For a beach-themed kid party, we recommend treasure hunts, sandcastle building contests, paddle ball, limbo, coconut bowling and musical beach towels. For adults we’ve got ladder golf, cornhole, Twister (hint: combine oversized white beach towels and draw colored circles to create a larger board for more to play), beach volleyball and limbo.
- Setup the day of event. Grab your decorations, food and games and strategically arrange each at party venue
Tip: If you plan to play music, leave room for dancing space. Yep, our beach tunes playlist is just that good!
- Last minute checklist:
- Grab last-minute items, such as ice, cups, plates, napkins and silverware
- Identify designated grill master
- Music - Did you create a custom playlist for your beach partay? Check out our Beach Tunes Playlist for ideas. Or better yet, just push play at the start of the event! Beach Tunes Playlist
- Create schedule of events to ensure party runs smoothly and to lessen downtime.
- Have a blast!
We love a good beach party and want to know how yours turns out. So, please tweet us your beach bash pics or post them on Facebook. Also share any additional tips and suggestions in the comments below. Good luck planning your next rockin’ beach-party!
Christina Hohman is Manager of Social Media at CheapCaribbean.com. She enjoys playing soccer, patio hopping on sunny days and putting her toes in the sand.